Saturday, March 5, 2011

Beauty

What thoughts come to mind when you see the picture to the left?  Would you be able to wear the head scarf? Would you enjoy wearing the head scarf?

Take in the appearance of this women, the arch of her eye brows, her complexion. Notice that at first glance even with the blue head scarf, her eye's pop?

Do you think she is smiling under there? By looking at her eyes would you be able to decipher if she was?

Leave me your first thoughts below, as I start to explore the topic of the women in my next few blogs. I am anxious to read your comments.

Honestly, I was unsure what to name this post. I don't know this women, but one thing is for sure, I do not judge her, even if it is a photograph of a stranger. For me not one negative thought comes to mind.
 She is beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. This woman is following the belief of her religion. The head scarf represents her willingness to follow Allah’s commandments. It is her dress code that symbolizes her privacy while outside the contents of her home. It also safeguards her relationship with her husband and children. Whether she is smiling behind her scarf, I cannot answer and it limited to one’s own imagination. I would hope so for no one should be unhappy. What I do know is that there is nothing wrong with a person following and obeying their religion and everyone should have a right to religious freedom. Doesn’t every mother, regardless of their face, color or religion want to protect their children and family? I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda-I am pleased with your response. You know a lot more than the average person regarding the Middle East and touch upon what I will be discussing in my next post. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are welcome. I stumbled across this blog by accident, but I am extremely interested and excited to participate. :-)

    ReplyDelete