Friday, March 11, 2011

Political Cartoon

Several years have now passed since America has been involved in 
the "Middle East conflict,"  and many feelings have changed. 
The "conflict" since Congress has yet to declare it a war, 
has had many dramatic effects here in our home land. 

Look at the cartoon below and post your thoughts. What do you think the cartoon symbolizes? 
Who is the audience and who is it against, if anyone? Do you agree with the cartoon? 
Do you really think that the Middle East is to blame for such high gas prices, 
or that America is just simply "addicted to oil?" Also... 

Where were you on the 9/11 attacks?

Bless all those who have lost someone in the "conflict," and may they Rest in Peace.
 Give strength to all those stationed and fighting for our country. The bravery of all those people  allow you're families and you to live the safe life that you do, where you can get gas without worrying if a bomb is going to go off, or you may be killed one way or another.

Another view: Consider the everyday fears that those who are innocent in the Middle East must deal with.


6 comments:

  1. Most Americans need a car in order to survive and it is blatantly obvious that automobiles need gas to operate. The message the cartoon is trying to convey is that the Middle East has domination over our society because America relies heavily on the Middle East’s oil supply. The cartoon is trying to portray that when Americans fuel up at a gas tank; they are not supporting our troops and are in favor of the atrocious political regimes. Personally, I feel that America should come up with natural alternatives to gas so that we do not have to always rely on other countries to provide us with same. In addition, alternative fuels will help aid in saving our planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice insight/view! Where were you on the 9/11 attacks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I hope you had a good weekend. On 9/11, I was in Aruba. I still remember the fear I had inside me and how everything happening seemed so surreal. I could not get in touch with my family in New York for hours which absolutely terrified me. I felt absolutely helpless.
    Where were you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How scary! I was actually in 3rd grade. I remember it down to the T. Being so young no one at school gave us the details, I remember my class, maybe my whole grade, gathering in our media center with the tv on. I wasn't even paying attention to the Twin Towers burning to the ground but was playing with the rest of my class. My Mom called me out and I went home. I remember half of my school being called out and my family crying and rushing home. The radio was on in the car but again I didn't really understand what was going on. It is weird to think that my children even my little sister has no idea the significance of 9/11 or even what happened. The kids in 9th grade have no idea what it is and will have to learn it for the first time in school. I have and am thankful enough to have lived through a historic event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sister will have an excellent role model to teach her about 9/11.

    ReplyDelete